One Song At a Time

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Conversations With Grandpa

Every afternoon at work Louise recieves a call from Grandpa Baker (during commercials, of course.) It has developed into her favorite part of the day, and usually leaves her with a few amusing stories.

Grandpa: I received a wedding announcement from a very beautiful granddaughter today.
Louise: Really? You got it already?
Grandpa: Yep. Grandma and I were admiring how good you two look. I finally have another granddaughter getting married. I have three in Ohio (Grandma corrects him in the background. She does that a lot.) No, uh, two in Ohio, one in Illinois, and one in Phoenix. And now you.
Louise: What about Utah?
Grandpa: Who's in Utah?
Grandma: Jill, Dad!
Grandpa: Oh, yeah! Jill!
Grandma: And then all of Randy's girls!
Grandpa: Oh, Randy's girls, yeah. Grandpa don't remember anything. I guess there are a lot of married granddaughters...
Louise: You know, Alicia drew the yucca plant in the invitation.
Grandpa (quickly): Oh, really? That's neat, I'll tell Grandma. Weloveyoubye!
(All this happened in five minutes, which is how long commercials last.)

Louise hopes he calls every day after she's married!
More to come!

5 comments:

southolive said...

That's Awesome! I got excited when i read the title. I love those two. And how special that he calls you every day!

The Bozemans said...

How cute! Isn't he adorable! When he said he had three married granddaughters, I was like, "Wait... Cara, Whitney, Paula, Wendy... that's already four!" Haha. Love you! And we're really happy for you!

Shanan and Danica said...

That is great. :)

Jacob and Whitney Lauritzen said...

I love conversations with Grandpa! I didn't even KNOW you were getting married until my mom was out there visiting! But your invitations look great! And Congratulations! :)

Hannah + 4 said...

hahah! I miss his calls. I think he called everyday while I worked there to. Know he wheels over to our house :)