One Song At a Time

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Road Trippin'

Arizona road trip season has begun, and I can hardly sit still. I crave heat waves on asphalt. Sobe and water bottles collecting on the floor and under the seat. Acrid heat and a stuffy cab as the air conditioning finally fails. Subway sandwiches and Safeway and hysterical giggles. Bass shaking the cab. "18 is a good volume."

And Superior. Oh, Superior.
You can never have a road trip without Superior.

The following is a mix composed of songs I remember listening to on road trips with my sister and my friends. Old songs and good memories.
*Note: Click "Pop-Out Player".

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

3 comments:

Alicia Baker said...

I desperately needed this mix whilst driving to Tucson today. I saw so many pretty things! You need to take the back roads sometime. It's longer but worth it!

Ginny Baker said...

Man you don't even have one roll down the windows and sing at the top your lungs. What has happened to my babies. Don't call I am in the shower crying. No I am stronger than that. Don't call I am in the truck with the windows down, at the top of my lungs I am singing Bad Company!!!

JAMAL said...

Superior. As the Arizona Republic in reference to it (and why so many movies are filmed there), "Mayberrys are a dime a dozen, but true decrepitude is picturesque." Your pics prove it. Very picturesque.